- 4″ chocolate cake
- 400g Renshaw Chocolate Frosting
- 250g Renshaw Lincoln Green Ready to Roll Icing
- 180g Renshaw White Chocolate Modelling Paste
- 250g Renshaw Rose Pink Flower & Modelling Paste
- 250g Renshaw Hydrangea Blue Flower & Modelling Paste
- Rainbow Dust Metallic Gold Treasure Lustre Dust
- Oreo biscuit
- 180g Renshaw Milk Chocolate Modelling Paste
- Lakeland Edible Glue
For the cake
- Prepare the cake by masking the outside of the cake with chocolate frosting.
- Knead the green icing on a clean, dry surface until pliable. Dust the work surface with icing sugar and roll out the icing until it’s 3-4 mm thick and large enough to cover the cake and board.
- Cover the cake and smooth over the top surface and down the sides with the palm of your hand. Trim off the excess icing with a sharp knife.
For the basket and eggs
- Knead and warm in your hands the White Chocolate Modelling Paste on a clean, dry surface.
- Shape a 20g piece of White Chocolate Modelling Paste into a round egg. Set aside to set.
- Repeat this step with smaller pieces of White Chocolate Modelling Paste to create additional little eggs.
- Knead your chosen colour of Flower & Modelling Paste on a clean dry surface. Take small amounts and shape into small eggs.
- Place the white chocolate eggs onto a sheet of kitchen paper and lightly dust with the gold lustre dust with a soft brush to give a gold tint.
- Mask the sides of the Oreo biscuit with some chocolate frosting.
- Knead and warm in your hands the Milk Chocolate Modelling Paste.
- Roll out the milk chocolate paste into a 5″ x 2″ rectangle on a clean surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Create a criss-cross pattern over the surface of the paste with the back of your knife.
- Trim the top and bottom of the rectangle to neaten. Wrap the paste around the Oreo Biscuit. Trim off any excess paste and neaten the seam at the back with your finger.
- To create the trim on the basket, shape a 20g ball of milk chocolate paste and shape into a long thin rope. Fold in half and twist together. Attach to the top edge of the basket with a small amount of edible glue and trim off any excess paste. For the handle, repeat this step and attach to the inside of the basket with a small amount of edible glue.
- Carefully place the large white chocolate paste egg into the basket and fill any gaps with the small eggs.
- Support the handle as it dries with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Attach the basket to the cake with a small amount of chocolate frosting
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes