- 1.8kg whole chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ lemon
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 30g butter, softened
- 3 medium onions, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Insert two thyme sprigs, the lemon and two of the garlic cloves. Tuck the wings under the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken breast-side up in an oiled roasting tin. Rub all over with the softened butter then roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, add the onion and remaining garlic to the tin, then roast for a further 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the chicken and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with roasted garlic and onions.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime