- 4kg whole turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250ml chicken stock
- A few rosemary sprigs, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Tie the legs with kitchen string and tuck the wings under the turkey. Tuck the rosemary sprigs behind the legs, if required.
- Place onto a wire rack in a large roasting tin. Brush with the oil and pour the stock into the tin. Cover with two layers of oiled foil roast for 2½ hours. Uncover and brush with the pan juices.
- Roast, uncovered for 30 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Remove the turkey from the pan, remove the string and discard.
- Stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Tip: Use the pan juices to make delicious turkey gravy.