- Half a small red onion
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large courgette, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 400g small tomatoes, halved
- 250g halloumi cheese, sliced
- Chilli oil or olive oil to drizzle
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed
- Large handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- Put the onion, vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F. Put the courgettes and the tomatoes (cut side up) on baking tray, season well and cook for 25 minutes or until roasted and beginning to blacken at the edges.
- Warm the grill. Drizzle the halloumi with a little chilli oil and grill until golden brown on each side.
- Gently toss the chickpeas, parsley, roasted tomatoes and courgettes with the onion mixture.
- Divide between plates and top with halloumi. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.