- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 300ml milk
- Pinch of chopped thyme
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 apple, skin on, sliced
- 6 sausages
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Place the flour and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the egg and a splash of milk. Using a whisk, draw the flour in gradually adding the remaining milk. Add mustard and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Grease a medium roasting tin with sunflower oil.
- Arrange the onion, apple and sausages in the tin, season and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the batter and cook for 30-40 minutes until the batter is golden and well risen.
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Yorkshire Pudding Wrap