- 1 tsp sunflower or sesame oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into julienne strips
- 1 small leek, split lengthways, washed, cut into julienne strips
- 1 egg-sized piece root ginger, peeled, cut into julienne strips
- 4 salmon fillets
- Large splash teriyaki marinade
- Large splash white port
- Large splash white wine
- 4 star anise
- Ground pepper
- Four 30 x 40cm sheets foil, parchment or parchment-lined foil
- Gently heat 1 tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the carrot, leek and ginger, sweat until soft then remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Divide half of the vegetables onto the sheets of foil or parchment, place a salmon fillet on each, then top with the rest of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle each with a large splash of teriyaki marinade, white port and white wine. Place a star anise on each and season with black pepper.
- To make the parcels, fold over and crimp the edges together, like a pasty. Place on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes.
Tip: The parcels can be made a few hours ahead and refrigerated, but allow to come to room temperature before baking.
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad