For the base
- 90g butter
- 250g crushed chocolate digestive biscuits
For the filling
- 400g cream cheese at room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 400ml whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 tin caramel (Carnation is good)
- 15g rock salt
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and leave to cool.
- Crush the biscuits and mix together with the melted butter.
- Press the crumbs evenly and firmly into the base of a spring form/loose based 23cm/9-inch tin.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric whisk for a few minutes until smooth.
- Slowly add the caster sugar and whisk on a low speed.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add the cream slowly, pouring down the bowl. Mix on a low setting.
- Once it is all combined turn the mixer on high. The mix should hold its shape and start to look slightly grainy.
- Add half of the tin of caramel to a saucepan and simmer. Once bubbles form, remove from the heat, stir in the rock salt until dissolved and allow to cool.
- Mix the caramel with the cream cheese. Don’t combine ─ just mix it slightly to make a marbled effect.
- Spoon the mixture onto the base and smooth out.
- Stand in the fridge to set.
- Pour the rest of the caramel in a frying pan and simmer. Chop the banana into slices and add to the pan.
- Brown the bananas off. Take the pan off the heat and allow them to soak in the caramel.
- Take the bananas out of the pan and place on top of the cheesecake. Pour the caramel out of the pan and drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle the bananas with the granulated sugar.
- Chill for at least four hours or overnight.
Tip: If you prefer a sweeter caramel, simply reduce the amount of salt to suit your taste.
Tip: To make neat portions when slicing, use a hot sharp knife, dipped in hot water and cleaned after every slice.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds