- 275ml milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 75g rye flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp fast-action dried yeast
- 4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- Remove the pan from your bread machine and check the paddle is fitted. Place the dough ingredients in the pan, following the order specified in your bread machine’s instructions. Fit the pan into your bread machine, close the lid and select the dough programme.
- To make the salt glaze, put 2 tsp salt in a small pan, add the sugar and water, heat gently until the sugar dissolves then pour into a small bowl.
- At the end of the programme, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a rectangle about 35 x 25cm. Cover with a dry tea towel and leave for 20 minutes.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets. Cut the rectangle into 8 strips and roll each strip into a sausage about 60cm long. Take a length of dough and bend the ends around to meet, twisting them over. Press the ends back onto the curve to shape the pretzel, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven, brush with the salt glaze and sprinkle with the remaining salt. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes