- 150g plain flour
- 200ml cold sparkling water
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 200g samphire, washed
- 12 scallops, without the coral
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl and add a splash of lemon juice. Pour in the sparkling water and whisk together to make a batter.
- Heat a pan of vegetable oil on a medium heat. Test the oil to see if it is hot enough by dropping a little of the batter into the oil if it starts to cook it’s ready.
- When the oil is ready, gently dip the samphire and scallops into the batter and carefully drop into the hot oil, don’t over crowd the pan.
- They will rise to the top of the oil, flip them over to cook the other side.
- When they are nice and crisp and golden remove from the oil and drain on kitchen towel.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon.
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Avocado Prawn Hug
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad