- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large fresh red chillies
- a small handful of coriander
- 500g salmon fillet, skin off and pin-boned (ask your fishmonger to do this for you)
- 300g sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For The Sauce
- 4 tablespoons XO sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 200ml chicken or fish stock
- Finely slice the onion, garlic and chilli. Roughly chop the coriander.
- Cut the salmon into large ½cm bite-sized pieces. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
BUILD YOUR WOK CLOCK:
- Place your sliced onion at 12 o’clock, then arrange the garlic, chilli, sugar snap peas, salmon, sauce bowl and coriander clockwise around your plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking-hot.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds until lightly browned, then add the sugar snap peas and stir-fry for a further minute until the peas are slightly coloured.
- Transfer the ingredients from the wok to a bowl, add a further 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok and return to smoking point. Allow to smoke for 5 seconds to ensure the wok is hot enough for the fish to sear well without sticking, then add the salmon. Stir fry for 1─2 minutes until the salmon is browned on all sides.
- Return the vegetables to the wok, pour over the sauce and bring to a vigorous boil. Cook for a further 1 minute until the sauce has thickened and reduced enough to just coat the ingredients, then transfer to a large dish. Scatter over the coriander and serve with a side of steamed rice
TIP: The best way to turn the salmon (or any fragile ingredient) in the wok while stir-frying without breaking up the delicate pieces is to use a fish slice, lifting up and folding the ingredients gently from underneath.
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Avocado Prawn Hug
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad