For the cupcake cones
- 12 ice cream waffle cones
- 200g softened butter
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
For the ‘coral’ icing
For the shells
- 200g White Rainbow Dust Colour Melts
- 50g Purple Rainbow Dust Colour Melts
- 50g Pink Rainbow Dust Colour Melts
- Edible silk lustre
For the ‘sand’
- 3 digestive biscuits, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/Gas 4. Sit the waffle cones in our 12 Cone Baking Rack to hold them upright.
- Beat together the butter, flour, vanilla paste, sugar and eggs with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into a disposable piping bag. Snip off the end to give you a wide hole and pipe into the cones, filling them three-quarters full – this will enable you to get the batter right to the bottom.
- Bake the cones for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Add eight drops of blue and four drops of yellow colouring from the Wilton Colour Right System to a 400g tub of Renshaw Vanilla Frosting. Mix until thoroughly combined and the icing is an even, consistent jade green.
- To decorate the cones, place the smaller Twist Twist Ruffle Icing Nozzle in a piping bag. Add the jade green frosting and pipe onto each of the cones, twisting to make it look like coral.
- To make the shells, melt the white Colour Melts in one bowl, the purple in a second and the pink in a third. Lightly swirl the pink and the purple into the white to create a marbled effect and spoon into a seashell mould. Leave to harden.
- Once hard, turn out the shells, dust with blue, silver and green edible silk lustre.
- Scatter the digestive biscuit crumbs over half of the icing while it’s still wet, then top with one or two of the shells.