- 120ml soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 120ml pineapple juiceè
- 120ml runny honeyè
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauceèè
- 4 tbsp toasted black & white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 240g spring greens or bistro salad leaves
- Half a bunch fresh corianderè
- 350g fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 red chilli, sliced
Ginger & lime vinaigrette
- 240ml sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- 120ml soy sauce
- 4 tbsp pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli garlic sauce (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Zest & juice of 2 limes
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or mincedè
- 2-3 tbsp toasted black & white sesame seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved and sliced
- In a small saucepan, mix the soy sauce and cornflour until smooth. Stir in the pineapple juice, honey, chilli garlic sauce and sesame seeds.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is just beginning to thicken and coat the back of a spoon. Set the pan aside.
- Heat a large griddle pan on high and add 1 tbsp sesame oil. Sear the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes, then flip and brush the seared side with the soy sauce mixture. Sear for 1-2 minutes more, then remove the steaks from the pan and brush them with the remaining soy sauce mixture. Slice into strips.
- To prepare the salad, combine the greens, coriander, pineapple chunks and sliced red chilli in a bowl.
- In another bowl make the vinaigrette by combining the sesame oil, soy sauce, pineapple juice, rice vinegar, chilli garlic sauce, tahini, 2 tsp lime zest, juice of 2 limes, fresh ginger and garlic. Add 2-3 tbsp black and white sesame seeds.
- To serve, divide the salad between 4 plates. Peel, halve and slice the avocados and place on top of the salad with the seared tuna, then drizzle over the vinaigrette.