For the asparagus
- 20 asparagus spears
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
For the Asian mayonnaise
- 125ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- ¼ tsp wasabi paste
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, stems removed and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lime, quartered
- To prepare the asparagus, hold each spear about halfway down and bend until it snaps, then discard the tough woody end. Line up 5 spears next to each other on a chopping board and insert a skewer just below the tips. Insert another skewer 2.5cm from the base. Repeat with the remaining 15 spears
- Prepare and light the grill according to the instructions.
- Brush the asparagus with the oil, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper.
- When the grill is ready, cook the asparagus in 2 batches. Grill for 2-3 minutes each side, turning with tongs.
- Meanwhile, mix all the mayonnaise ingredients together, season to taste and spoon into two serving bowls. Serve immediately with the grilled asparagus and fresh lime wedges