- 3 Weetabix
- 80g sultanas
- 120g light muscovado or light soft brown sugar
- 200ml milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 120g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone or low fat soft cheese
- Blueberries and honey
- Put the Weetabix into a mixing bowl with the sultanas, sugar and milk. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin with non-stick baking parchment. Pour just-boiled water into your slow cooker to a depth of about 5cm. Preheat on high while you finish making the cake.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and crack in the eggs. Beat together, then add to the soaked mixture with the flour, nutmeg and salt. Stir thoroughly, then transfer to the tin. Cover with a greased tent of foil, tucking it tightly around the edges of the tin. Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on High for 3 hours.
- Carefully lift the tin from the cooker with oven gloves, and check that the cake is cooked by inserting a cake tester or fine skewer – it should come out clean. Cook for longer if required.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then slice and serve spread with mascarpone or low fat soft cheese and topped with blueberries and honey.
Tip: Serve as an afternoon tea treat, spread with butter, or just left plain.
Sticky Lemon & Pistachio Whirlybuns for the Remoska®
Hot Dog Buns
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Pressure-Cooked Cheddar, Leek & Spring Onion Savoury Bread & Butter Pudding
Mozzarella & Sun-Dried Tomato Mini Loaves
Gluten-Free Cheese & Garlic Tear & Share Bread