- 15g butter softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30g pitted green olives, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1.5 Kg whole chicken
- 2 unpeeled lemons, quartered
- salt & pepper
- Combine the butter, olive oil, lemon rind, garlic, olives and parsley in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Use your fingers to make a pocket between the breast and skin of the chicken. Push half the butter mixture under the skin, and rub the rest all over the chicken.
- Tuck the wing tips under, fill the cavity with the lemons, and then tie the legs together with kitchen string. Trim the skin around the neck and secure to underside of chicken with small skewers.
- Place the chicken in a 3.5 litre slow cooker and cook, covered, on low for 6 hours.
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Essential Cuisine’s 7-Hour Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Anchovies
Slow-cooked Shoulder of Lamb with Chilli Jam & Rosemary
Sausage & Red Cabbage Casserole
Slow Cooked Moroccan Lamb Shanks with Caramelised Onions
Olive & Parsley Couscous
Mexican Pull-Apart Pork
Lamb Stew with Artichoke & Peas