- 300g trout fillet
- 1 tsp black tea leaves
- 100g creme
- 3 tsp chopped horseradish
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2-3 sprigs dill, main stems removed, plus extra to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Steam the trout for 6-8 minutes until opaque and the flesh flakes when pushed with a finger. Remove the skin and place the fish in a self-seal plastic bag.
- Insert the smoke tube and seal the bag as much as possible. Using tea instead of wood chips, light the smoking gun and smoke the fish for 20 seconds, remove the tube then seal the bag completely. Leave to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Put all the other ingredients, except the salt, into a small food processor bowl, add the trout then process for 15-20 seconds using a pulse setting until the pât has blended
- Check and add salt to taste, garnish with a small sprig of dill and serve.
Tip – Serve with toast and lemon wedges as a starter or as a light lunch with a salad.
Thai Salmon with Peanut, Lime and Chilli Crust for the Remoska®
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Tom Yum Prawn Noodles
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad