for the biscuit base
- 60g plain flour
- 140g whole wheat flour
- 60g light rye flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115g cold butter, cut into pea-size bits
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 60ml cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor or bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the cold butter and mix or process until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the honey, molasses, water, and vanilla. Mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Between 2 sheets of parchment roll the dough ½-inch thick. Chill for one hour until firm.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 and set a rack in the middle of the oven
- Lightly flour the dough and roll 1/8 inch thick. With a sharp knife cut the dough to fit the s’more compartments.
- Arrange the biscuits on parchment, with a fork, prick several holes in each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray.