- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 120g soured cream
- 60ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- 3 strawberries, cut in half
- Pulp of 1 passion fruit
- Grease a 1 litre pudding basin. Cut 2 long strips of baking parchment and place inside the basin, crossing over at the bottom with each end extending over 5cm over the side.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs, soured cream, lemon juice and flour, beat until smooth and spoon into the prepared basin.
- Place the basin in a large slow cooker, pour boiling water into the slow cooker until it comes halfway up the side of the basin, cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, blend or process the biscuits until fine then add the butter and process until combined. carefully remove the bowl from the cooker and press the biscuit mixture on top of the cheesecake. Top with three layers of kitchen roll to absorb moisture and keep the biscuit layer crunchy, the return the bowl to the cooker and cook on low for a further 45 minutes.
- Remove the basin from the cooker and allow to cool before covering and placing in the fridge overnight.
- Top with cream and strawberries then drizzle over the passion fruit before serving.
Tip : To ease the cheesecake from the sides of the bowl, place it upside down on a serving plate and gently pull on the parchment strips
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds
The Perfect Cheesecake Recipe