- 120g fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g granulated sugar
- 5 slices medium-sliced white bread, crusts removed
- A little butter, melted
- 225g Brie, cut into 16 slices
- 16 tsp cranberry sauce
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll the slices of bread so they are slightly thinner. Use the cutter from the set to stamp out 15 shapes. Brush each shape with the melted butter then place into the mould, butter side down, and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Heat the maple syrup in a small sauce pan until warm. Place the cranberries in a bowl, pour over the warm maple syrup and stir gently. Cool, cover, and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- Drain the cranberries in a colander. Put the sugar in a large bowl and, in two batches, lightly toss the cranberries until coated in sugar. Leave to dry on a baking sheet ─ this will take about an hour.
- Top each bread base with a slice of Brie and a teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Divide the sparkling cranberries between the bases and garnish with a sprig of mint.