- 75g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 250ml cold water
- 4 Bramley apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- Melt the butter over a medium heat then stir in the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and water. Bring to the boil until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the apples and cook for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken again, gently turning the apples occasionally so they keep their shape.
- Reduce heat and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes until the apples are just tender.
- Place some filling on one half of a pancake and fold over.