- 50ml olive oil
- 100g diced onion.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g red pepper, seeded and chopped into 1.5cm cm dice
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 100g courgette, trimmed and chopped into 1.5cm dice
- 100g aubergine, trimmed and chopped into 1.5cm dice.
- 600ml Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock.
- 250g Israeli couscous.
- 1 squeeze Lemon juice.
- Good twist of freshly ground pepper.
- Sea salt to season to your taste.
- 1tsp chopped fresh coriander.
- 1tsp chopped fresh mint.
- Heat olive oil in a suitable pan, add the onion, garlic and pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes, with not too much colour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spices, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette and aubergine and continue cooking until they start to soften, remove from the heat and put to one side.
- Bring the Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock to the boil in a separate pan and stir in the couscous.
- On a low heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the couscous is cooked. Stir occasionally and add more liquid if required.
- Gently fold in the cooked vegetables to the couscous, season to your taste with lemon juice, freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
- Served hot or cold, your Spiced Vegetable Couscous is ready to serve, garnish with the chopped coriander and mint.
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes
Anjula Devi’s Spicy Warm Roasted Tomato and Cumin Salad
Anjula Devi’s Quick Spinach and Potatoes