- ½ red pepper (around 75g), deseeded
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion (around 75g), halved and very thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- Pinch salt
- Pinch garlic granules
- Pinch chilli flakes (if desired)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 10g polenta
- 4 brioche slider buns (or a vegan slider bun alternative)
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas 7. Place the red pepper half on a non-stick baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes or until softened and the skin is blackened. Remove the pepper from the oven and reduce the heat to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Place the roasted pepper in a sandwich bag and leave to cool slightly, so the steam loosens the charred skin. Remove and discard the skin, then chop the pepper finely and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan, add the red onion and fry for 5-6 minutes over a gentle heat until very soft but not coloured. Stir in the roasted red pepper, season to taste, pour over the cider vinegar and heat until it has all been absorbed into the veg. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the spiralized sweet potato, trim off each end so you have 2 flat surfaces. Set the spiralizer up following the instructions, fix the sweet potato in place and spiralize.
- Weigh out 50g of the spiralized sweet potato and place in a bowl. Stir in the salt, garlic granules, chilli flakes and coriander until well mixed. Add just enough of the beaten egg to lightly coat the sweet potato. This will be around half the egg, as you do not want any excess liquid. Sprinkle the polenta over and mix until well coated.
- Line an oven tray with baking parchment. Divide the sweet potato mixture into 4 and arrange on the tray in small, neat patties around 6cm, pressing the tops to flatten slightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender and the coating is crisp, but not browned.
- To serve, halve and lightly toast the slider buns. Place a few spinach leaves on the base of each bun. Add a sweet potato slider, top with the relish, add the bun lids and serve immediately.
Two-Potato Cheddar & Parmesan Gratin
Spinach, Pepper & Tomato Tortilla Bake
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Sweet Potato, Pepper, Spinach & Mozzarella Tart