- 2 red apples, stalks removed
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and halved horizontally
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Small bag of mixed leaves
For the dressing
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream or natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Insert the spiralizer blade with the smallest triangles and spiralize both apples.
- Insert the plain blade and spiralize the fennel into thin slices. Place the fennel and apple in a large bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. Add the chicken, dill and three quarters of the walnuts, then toss to combine.
- Lightly whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season.
- Arrange the mixed leaves on a serving plate, pile the salad on top, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
Tip: Don’t peel the apples as the skin gives extra colour and texture to the salad. If you can’t get smoked chicken, roast chicken is equally delicious.