- 1 large round crusty loaf
- 300g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 sausages, cooked, cooled and sliced
- 3 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 75g rocket
- 6 tbsp tomato chutney
- Extra virgin olive oil, to brush
- Salt & pepper
- Slice off the top of the loaf and set aside. Remove all the soft bread from inside the loaf, leaving the crust to form a case. Brush inside the loaf with a little olive oil.
- Layer the cheese, sausage, tomato, rocket and chutney, seasoning as you go.
- When the bread case is full, brush inside the bread lid with olive oil, pop back on and press to seal. Wrap tightly with a double layer of clingfilm, place in the fridge and weigh the lid down (we put a plate and tin of food on top). Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, unwrap and cut into wedges.
Tip: Why not dry the soft bread and make breadcrumbs ─ delicious in a treacle tart.
Spring Vegetable Minestrone for the Remoska®
New Potato, Courgette & Pea Frittata for the Remoska®
Vegan Edamame, Lime, and Sesame Jar Salad
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Microwave Harvest Vegetable Tarte Tatin
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones