- 8 Red Peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 10 Red Chillies, roughly chopped
- Finger size piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 750g/1lb 10oz. Golden caster sugar
- 240ml/9fl. oz. Red wine vinegar
- Tip peppers, chillies (with seeds), ginger and garlic into a food processor, then whiz until finely chopped. Scrape into a heavy-bottomed pan with tomatoes, sugar and vinegar, then bring everything to the boil. Skim off any scum that comes to the surface, turn heat down to a simmer and cook for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once jam becomes sticky, continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently so it does not catch and burn. It should look like thick, bubbling lava. Cool slightly, transfer to sterilised jars, then leave to cool completely. Keeps for three months in a cool, dark cupboard ─ refrigerate once opened.