- 1.25 litres milk (whole, skimmed or semi-skimmed)
- 125ml live natural yoghurt
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 sweet potato, around 200g, peeled and diced
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 50ml fresh orange juice
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Prepare the yoghurt in advance as per your yoghurt maker’s instructions ─ we used the Lakeland 7-Cup Electric Yoghurt Maker.
- Place all the smoothie ingredients into the blender and whizz for 15-20 seconds until smooth. Pour into a glass to serve and top with a few coconut flakes, if desired.
Tips: Home-made yoghurt can take between 8 and 12 hours to make so is best prepared the day before. If made using the Lakeland 7-Cup Electric Yoghurt Maker, any leftover yoghurt can be stored in the fridge in the lidded cups for up to 4 days. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add up to an extra 100ml orange juice. Frozen mango (125g) also works well in this recipe.