- 4 chicken supremes (bone in), skinned
- 600g mixed ripe tomatoes, larger ones roughly chopped, cherry tomatoes left whole
- 30g black olives, pitted
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil 8 slices of Milano salami, or other well-flavoured salami
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges through the root
- 2 balls of buffalo mozzarella, about 125g each
- 1 tbsp fine polenta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Lightly season the chicken supremes with salt and pepper and place them in an ovenproof dish, about 25cm square.
- Toss the tomatoes, olives, garlic and oregano together in a bowl. Trickle over about two-thirds of the olive oil and toss the tomatoes again to coat.
- Tip the dressed tomatoes over the chicken, pushing them down well with a spoon so that everything becomes well mixed together. Lay the salami and onion wedges over the chicken, then tear the mozzarella over the top.
- Sprinkle over the polenta and bake for 25─30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the onions are charred around the edges and the cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Remove from the oven. Trickle over the rest of the olive oil and scatter over the oregano leaves just before serving.
Recipe extracted from Tom’s Table by Tom Kerridge, published by Absolute Press, £25. © Tom Kerridge. Photography © Cristian Barnett.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime