- 2 litres vegetable stock, hot
- 2½ tbsp tom yum paste
- 200g frozen raw prawns
- 200g mixed frozen beans and peas
- 200g dried rice ribbon noodles
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 225g tin bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste
- 2 limes for squeezing
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly lengthways, to serve
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan and stir through the tom yum paste. Add the prawns, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the beans and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then rinse with cold water. Divide among warmed bowls.
- Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes to warm through. Season to taste with the sugar, a good splash of fish sauce or soy sauce and lots of freshly squeezed lime. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and sprinkle over the spring onions to serve.