- 2 litres vegetable stock, hot (see tip)
- 2½ tbsp tom yum paste (we like Blue Elephant Tom Yam Chili Paste)
- 200g frozen raw prawns
- 200g mixed frozen beans and peas
- 200g dried rice ribbon noodles
- 225g tin water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 225g tin bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Fish sauce or soy sauce to taste
- 2 limes for squeezing
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly lengthways, to serve
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan and stir through the tom yum paste. Add the prawns, simmer for 2 minutes, then add the beans and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, then rinse with cold water. Divide among warmed bowls.
- Add the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to the soup and simmer for 2 minutes to warm through. Season to taste with the sugar, a good splash of fish sauce or soy sauce and lots of freshly squeezed lime. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and sprinkle over the spring onions to serve.
PER SERVING 429kcals, 3.2g fat (0.3g saturated), 15.4g protein, 55.7g carbs, 7.8g sugar, 3g salt. è
Chef’s Tip: For vegetable stock, we like Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder.
Anjula Devi’s Mussels with Green Mango and Coconut Milk
Marinated Thai Salmon with Steamed Chilli Veg
Steamed Citrus Fish with Asparagus and Parsley Potatoes
Avocado Prawn Hug
Davina’s Cod and Pesto Parcels
Smoked Fish & Cider Pie
Crisp-skinned Halibut with Pancetta, Potatoes & Blood Orange Salad