- 75g butter
- 75g dark soft brown sugar
- 190g black treacle
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4 and grease the tin with Cake Release.
- Melt the butter, sugar and treacle in a saucepan over a medium heat then allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk and add to the mixture. Sift in the flour, add the ginger and sultanas then mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out cleanly. Remove from the oven and leave the tin to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before turning out the gingerbread.
Mini Mango & Pineapple Upside-Down Cakes
Decadent Chocolate Tiffin
Pistachio, Orange & Cardamom Mini Loaves
Step-by-Step Mother’s Day Floral Shard Cake
Valentine’s Cake Pops
Step-by-Step Valentine’s Love Bug Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Ruffle Cake
Step-by-Step Prehistoric Party Dinosaur Face Bakes