For the topping
- 300g strained kefir cheese, made with coconut milk
- 50g runny honey
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 200g dried dates
- 100g ground almonds
- 50g pecans
- 50g Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Raw Coconut Oil
- 60g runny honey
- Pecan nuts and flaked toasted almonds (if desired)
- To make the topping, place the kefir cheese in a medium bowl and whisk in the honey and vanilla extract. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge.
- To make the base, whizz the dates, ground almonds and pecans in a food processor until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs..
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat. Take the pan off the hob and stir in the date and nut mixture until thoroughly coated in the oil..
- Place a 10cm x 1cm strip of baking parchment across the base and sides of each mini cake mould to help with lifting out the cheesecakes once set. Divide the base mixture equally between the moulds and press down firmly.
- Remove the chilled cheesecake topping from the fridge and spoon over each crumb base. Smooth the surface with the back of a teaspoon, and tap the whole tray on the work surface to level the surface and release any air bubbles. Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until firm..
- When ready to serve, run the tip of a sharp knife around the sides of each cheesecake to loosen from the moulds. Using the baking parchment strips to help you, gently push up the loose bases, and serve the cheesecakes drizzled with honey and nuts.
Tips: The moulds can be lined with cake or muffin cases instead of using strips of baking parchment. These little cheesecakes can be eaten slightly frozen, or chilled from the fridge. Cover any leftover kefir and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days, to use in other recipes.
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds