- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 500g tender loin of venison
- 250g field mushrooms
- 50ml gin
- 3 juniper berries
- 1tsp Dijon style mustard
- 2tbsp thick double cream
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Finely slice the onion and garlic, it’s important that it is fine as we want it to cook quickly.
- Heat a shallow fry pan on a low heat. Add a little oil and the onion and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt, this will help draw out the water from the onions and they will cook quicker, and pepper.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the onions and garlic.
- While they are cooking, slice the venison into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Finely chop the rosemary and sprinkle over the venison.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub all the flavours in – making sure each piece is well coated, add to the pan and brown.
- Next add the gin, the flavour works really well with the vension, the juniper berries and the mustard.
- Finally add the double cream and stir.
- This goes perfectly with saut potatoes and a few green beans.
Orange, Thyme & Pine Nut Roasted Chicken for the Remoska®
Mary Berry’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Curry
Anjula Devi’s Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate
Red Thai Chicken & Pineapple Curry
Steamed Chicken & Vegetable Noodle Bowl
Chicken & Cucumber Risotto
Coronation Chicken with Mango & Lime