- 75g butter
- 200ml cold water
- 125g plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500ml double or whipping cream
- A drop of pink food colouring
- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Line two baking trays with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the water and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add the eggs to the dough a little at a time, beating constantly. When the dough is smooth and comes away from the side of the pan easily, transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe 30 x 5cm lengths about 2cm apart onto the prepared trays and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, make a slit down the side of each then return to the oven for 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the cream and colouring until it forms soft peaks then pipe into each eclair.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Spoon the melted chocolate over the clairs
Tip : Add food colouring a drop at a time – it’s easier to add more in than take it out!
Mary Berry’s Delicious Plum Crumble
Slow-Cooked Chocolate Orange Sponge Pudding
Delicious Plum Batter Pudding
Slow-Cooked Boozy Mincemeat Sponge Pudding
The Perfect Pannacotta Recipe
Passion Fruit & Orange Curd Pavlova
Lemon & Lavender Meringue Roulade with Blueberries
Dark & White Chocolate Melt-in-the-Middle Puds