- 270g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 135g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g white chocolate chips
- 1 or 2 90g packets of mini chocolate eggs – we used 1½ packets and ate the rest!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 12″ x 9″ traybake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugars and vanilla extract in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, cream together until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, taking care not to overmix
- Using a spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and mini eggs until combined.
- Press the mix into the traybake tin, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.