- 150g white chocolate, broken up
- 200g unsalted butter, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 150g fresh raspberries
- Place the broken chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl, set the bowl over a pan of steaming water and melt gently, stirring frequently. Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat thoroughly until mousse-like in texture.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly onto the mixture and fold in. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon into a prepared tin, spread evenly and level the surface. Scatter the fresh raspberries over the top.
- Bake at 180ºC/350ºF for about 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin before cutting and removing. Store in an airtight container and eat within 2 days.