For the caramelised nuts
- 150g pecan nuts
- 25g butter
- 25g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 200g green cabbage, shredded
- 200g red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 20g fresh mint, chopped
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat. When hot, add the pecans and dry-roast for a few minutes, stirring the nuts to colour them on all sides. Turn the heat to medium and add the butter. Toss the nuts in the melted butter and add the sugar and salt, stirring to keep the nuts coated while they caramelise. This should only take a couple of minutes be careful that the nuts don’t burn. Transfer onto a sheet of greaseproof paper or non-stick liner and leave to cool.
- Mix together the vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop the cooled nuts. In a large bowl mix all of the salad ingredients well. When ready to serve, mix in the chopped nuts, add the dressing and toss well.
Tip: The dressing can be made by putting all the ingredients in a jar with a tightly fitting lid and shaking well.
Mini Cheese & Tomato Quiches
Microwave Supergreen Spinach, Parsley & Courgette Omelette
Microwave Spiced Quinoa & Carrot Salad with Feta
Cheddar Cheese Mini Loaf Scones
Beetroot & Goat’s Cheese Tartlets
Carrot, Courgette & Feta Savoury Flapjack
Chilli & Spring Onion Cornbread with Summer Herb Spread
Best Ever Roast Potatoes