- 100g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp oil
For the filling
- 200g leftover roast beef slices
- 50g kale leaves
- 50g red cabbage, sliced
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 50g frozen peas
- Salt & pepper
For the gravy
- 10g butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 300ml water
- 4 tsp instant gravy granules
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/Gas 7
- Put 1 tbsp oil into the tin.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt, egg and milk. Beat with a whisk to make a smooth batter (this will only take a few moments). Transfer to a jug to make pouring easier, then cover and leave to stand for a while.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until browned. Pour in the water and bring to the boil. Sprinkle in the gravy granules and stir until thickened, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently until the Yorkshire pudding is cooked.
- In a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the peas and kale until tender. Drain well and season.
- Once the pudding is ready, remove it from the tin and roll it flat with a rolling pin. Then halve it lengthways and start building your wraps. Spread the horseradish sauce and mustard over each half, followed by the beef slices, red cabbage, kale and peas. Pour over some gravy, roll it up and serve.
You can make the batter in a blender if you like – just whizz the flour, salt, egg and milk together for a few seconds until smooth.
You could also add slices of roast potato and parsnip to your wrap if you want more trimmings.
For completely fuss-free gravy, just use gravy granules mixed with boiling water.
Mary Berry’s Beef and Ale Stew with Horseradish Spiral Dumplings
Joe Wicks’ Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Anjula Devi’s Pulled Lamb with Fiery Mint Chutney
Joe Wicks’ Bad Boy Chilli Con Carne
Yorkshire Pudding Burger
Slow-Cooked Port & Venison Casserole with Oatmeal & Parsley Dumplings
Spicy Meatball Popovers with Lemon & Chive Yoghurt
Cumberland Toad-in-the-Hole with Red Onion & Mushroom Gravy